Linked Health Data Foundation is solely focused on insuring that the data used to support scientific innovation, medical treatment, and patient care is of high quality, can be utilized and validated, and is accessible to all who are qualified to use it. We do this through the partnership and commitment of leading organizations at the front line of science, medicine, healthcare and technology. It is through their commitment that measureable, accountable, and trusted best practice utilization, data quality criteria, and evidence validation will provide the infrastructure needed for real time decision support.
This work will cumulate into a Health Data Exchange that will provide a commons for data suppliers and users to exchange cost effective, trusted patient health and claims data in order to accelerate advancements in science, medicine and healthcare. This Health Data Exchange will allow the cost of data access, quality control, and validation to be shared so that all organizations, despite size and geographic local, can increase the capacity and capability to improve human life.
Linked Health Data Foundation is not another policy group; we are actively engaging with experts to comprehensively support scientific breakthroughs, evidence based standards of patient centered care, and the continuity of care within the entire ecosystem. Our activities are focused on:
- Comprehensive research of every organization, department, and professional that use patient and claims data to formulate hypothesis, evidence, outcomes, treatments, and front-line care.
- Actively engaging data suppliers and users to create best practice, quality standards, analysis validation, and cost effective data access.
- Collaboration with organizations, university informatics departments, and centers of excellence to drive computational analysis excellence that can be validated and trusted by front-line, non-technical professionals.
- Producing education and training resources specific to the diverse front-line data user that rapidly advance the capacity and capability of non-technical professionals in the selection, management, and utilization of health data.
- Expert development and management of a Health Data Exchange that allows cost effective access to critical data resources to every size of organization that is qualified to use it.
The benefits of electronic data capture and computational analysis can only be realized when professionals are confident in the data and the utilization of it.